Saturday, April 27, 2013

Grace Hargett's Flat Stanley Adventures


The Adventures of Flat “Grace”
Hi!  I am Jason.  I am in the 5th grade and Grace’s cousin.  I live in Allen and go to Lovejoy Elementary.  Flat “Grace” went on a sports Adventure with me.
First, we traveled to McKinney to play Lacrosse against the McKinney Blue team.  Our team is the Lovejoy Leopards.  Lacrosse is a game invented by the Native Americans hundreds of years ago.  It is a sport that is mainly played in the Eastern United States.  However, in the past few years, it has grown in popularity in Texas.   Lacrosse is like playing basketball, soccer, and hockey all combined into one sport.

Next, we traveled to Fairview, Texas (Sloan Creek Middle School) to play a lacrosse game against a team from Prosper.  My Mom is in the picture too.  She is Grace’s Aunt Deborah.
For our next adventure, Flat “Grace” went with me to Lovejoy High School in Lucas, Texas.  We played the McKinney Navy lacrosse team.  McKinney is a larger city, so they have several lacrosse teams.  Lovejoy is smaller, so we only have one team for our grade.

I also love to play basketball.  I play on two different teams.  Flat “Grace” went with me to Fairview, TX to a basketball practice with the Lovejoy Leopards at Sloan Creek Middle School.  My Dad is in the picture too.  He is Grace’s Uncle David.
To end our adventure, Flat “Grace” went to watch me play basketball in Addison at the Sportsplex with my other basketball team, the Xtreme Heat.

We had lots of fun on our adventure together!
Jason





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the pictures and the story. You're so nice for putting the pictures on our blog. I hope to see more!
    Love,
    Grace and her first grade class
    P.S. One of my classmates, Mason, has a brother who plays Lacrosse for McKinney. You might have played against him!

    ReplyDelete